Common questions Childcare Services have about Harmony Web – and our answers
- What’s the major difference with the new Harmony?
The new Harmony has undergone a significant re-engineering to enable a better software platform that serves the needs of both Services and Educators whilst providing a raft of new, much needed capabilities for the sector, many of them industry firsts. Specifically, Harmony no longer comes in different versions. There is only one Harmony software program and that is web-based. You log-in to access this in a similar way to how you might log-in to access Internet banking, Facebook or Linked-In. And, like these applications, what you do there depends on what subscription services you have signed up for. The advantage of being on the web is that Harmony can be accessed by any computing device, including mobile and handheld. The web version is the one and only version of information and it is always up to date, safe and secure, and accessible only by all those who have qualified access to it.
- What’s in the new version of Harmony?
Major new features include:
- Online integration between Services and Educators
- A new interface that is easy to use and provides a better way of working and managing day to day tasks within Harmony
- Instant access to Harmony any time, from any location or computing device, e.g. mobile devices such as Ipads, via a simple log-in
- One database that can manage both Family and, soon, Centre-Based Services.
- Safe storage of all your information at our secure data centres in Australia
- Automatic and assured back-up of all your information – no need to worry about this any more
- Instant access to new Harmony features as they are released, depending on your subscription level
- Integrated email and automatic retrieval of CCMS data
- Advanced reporting and analysis tools
- On-demand banking – you don’t have to wait till the end of each fortnight
- More efficient and flexible systems for processing Educator payments and debts
- Plus exciting new capabilities in the areas of Quality, Educator Management, Program & Practices, Parental Portal and Libraries
- What is the release plan?
In Q4 2015 the web version of Harmony was released with over 40 FDC Services migrating in the first few months. Many more came online in 2016. We are working with all our FDC clients who want to take advantage of the web version to assist them move across as soon as possible. FDC Services need to book for transition by end of January 2017 otherwise Redbourne will allocate a date for your Harmony Web transition (by April 2017).
The FDC Educator version is now available and can be rolled out to Educators whose Services are on Harmony Web.
The Electronic Signatures and Administration modules ( Educator Management, Notes & Tasks, Electronic Document Library, Quality and Online Enrolment) will be progressively rolled out in 2017, as will Program and Practices, and Parent Portal with online Waitlist functionality.
The IHC Services version is now available. Contact Redbourne via our Registration Form to book in your transition.
- Is the data secure?
Yes, your data is accessed via a security encrypted link and only accessible to you and those who have password access to it. Your data is also stored in a secure, data centre and copied to a second Australian data centre location. We have taken the added security measure of encrypting bank account details that are held in the data centre.
- Is the Electronic Signature module compliant with regulations?
Electronic signatures are becoming more and more popular. E-Signatures in Harmony Web can be used in a number of areas. The regulations are primarily concerned about parents signing enrolment, medication and attendance records. The Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 (National Law) defines ‘sign’ as including ‘the affixing of a seal or the making of a mark’ (section 12 of schedule 1). This allows electronic signatures or password protected records to be used to meet the requirements of the National Law and National Regulations.
- Is the data backed up?
Yes data backup happens automatically so you can always be assured that the latest information has been captured and stored. This reduces your own IT network and support costs and time involved in these processes. Your Harmony data is backed up twice daily.
- How easy is it to change to the new web version of Harmony?
We have taken longer to bring this product to market because we wanted to ensure it is easier to use and easier to move to. Our team will be in contact with you to show you the new Harmony Web and work with you to devise an implementation plan. The plan will encompass user training, data migration, system setup, and ongoing support. We will also discuss options for encouraging Educators to go online with your Service.
- Will my data be migrated to the new online Harmony?
Automated data migration processes have been developed to speed the transfer. When we have agreed a start date for the web version of Harmony, our team will take a copy of your data, send it to a staging environment for checking before it is deployed in the live production environment. The only data that will not be automatically migrated is the toy/resource library. In 2017 we anticipate creating a new toy/resource library module and thought it best for services using this feature to complete a stocktake of their current materials before entering them into the new toy/resource library.
- Does Harmony support languages other than English?
In developing Harmony we have made allowances for clients who wish to convert from English to another language. Depending upon your browser, you may be able to install a tool such as Google Translate for Google Chrome or Online Translator Toolbar for Firefox.
- What if I want my data back?
If you decide down the track that you want to use a different technology or solutions provider then we will provide your data to you in a suitable electronic media at the time. There may be a small fee to extract and send your data to you.
- Is training available?
New Harmony Web is intuitive and easy to learn.
Services will be provided with a self-paced training manual, one on one training, context sensitive help and a user manual. All Services will be provided one-on-one remote site training in the new Harmony and we will assist you manage your first week of transaction when you start with the web version.
- What support is available?
Support tools include:
Context sensitive help within the application
Support desk available 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday AEST.
– Phone: 1800 020 126
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How long will Redbourne support the current version of Harmony?
The current version of Harmony will be supported until June 2017.
- How do I get the new web version of Harmony – how do I get started?
Contact us on 1800 020 126. We also plan to get in touch with Services to discuss options and plans.
- What does the web version of Harmony cost?
If you are a Service, contact us to discuss your requirements and our pricing packages. The new web version of Harmony may be only a few hundred dollars more than the current version. The cost will also depend on whether you purchase the additional new modules (Quality, Educator Management, Program & Practices, etc). In addition, there will be pricing incentives if all your educators take up the online version.
- What are the system requirements?
Harmony is a web-based solution. All you need is reliable broadband connection.
Supported browsers are (as at 5th Oct 2018:
– Google Chrome
– Mozilla Firefox
– Opera (v 55)
– Safari (iOs 10)
– Microsoft Edge
– Microsoft Explorer 11
Apple devices with iOs 10:
* 5, 5C, 5S * 4th generation
* 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus * Air & Air 2
* SE * 2017
* 7, 7 Plus * Mini 2, 3 and 4
* iPad Pro